Registered Massage Therapists – NOW HIRING
Our Spa Care Experts™ must meet the standard practices and Code of Ethics of the CMTO as well as policies & procedures of elmspa. This role ensures the safe and effective delivery of therapeutic massage and body treatment services embodied through a gold-standard guest experience.
- Personal protective equipment provided & required.
- Temperature screenings
- Physical distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Spa Services, the Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) provides massage and body treatment services to guests in accordance with the standard practices and Code of Ethics of the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO).
RMTs work directly in the Spa to enhance and build upon our first-class Spa environment that offers relaxation and self-discovery and an overall first-class experience for guests.
Permanent, Full-time with a guarantee of 30 hours per week.
- Provides guests/clients with a complete treatment adhering to the Company’s standards of consistency and protocol and within the framework of the regulations established by the CMTO.
- Contributes to and strives to achieve our objective of creating and offering a seamless, “magical” experience for every guest by anticipating needs and delivering warm and sincere hospitality.
- Explains benefits of treatment series and encourages return visits as part of ongoing care.
- Ensures that every client has completed health history and any current health conditions are navigated carefully with the client’s health and safety being paramount.
- Ensures proper documentation of after service notes and that treatment notes are recorded on the health form indicating (at minimum) technique used, length of the massage, and whether a receipt was issued.
- Ensures massage rooms and common areas are kept neat, clean, and clutter-free at all times and all equipment is in safe and working order.
- Actively promotes retail sales through educating, recommending, and up-selling products to our guests; working towards a 5% retail to service ratio.
- Participates fully and enthusiastically in the implementation of all new initiatives.
- Helps to educate and provide support to all staff members within the company whenever there is an opportunity.
- Assists with other duties within the Spa as reasonably assigned from time to time.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Registered Massage Therapist license in good standing with the CMTO; or ability to undergo a program in Ontario to obtain a license.
- Proof of valid liability/malpractice insurance or ability to obtain said insurance.
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule: days, evenings, and weekends.
- A positive and polished image at all times as outlined in the competencies and Personal Appearance policy.
- English, both written and verbal (spoken).
$35/hour; plus an additional:
$2/hour for any hours worked after 5 pm;
$1/hour for Deep Tissue work;
$5/hour for weekend shifts of 5 hours or longer in duration.
Build a Career with Benefits:
- Graduate Assistance Program (GAP)
- $1500 Signing Bonus (SB)
- Competitive Hourly Rate + Premiums
- Learn new modalities to advance your career and get paid while learning
- Health benefits (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition reimbursement for FT employees
- And lots more
We appreciate your interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Elmwood Spa, Bangkok Garden and elmspa recruits and selects the best-qualified candidates in accordance with our equal opportunity employment approach. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com